Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Around Beijing + Tiananmen Square


















So this post is a little delayed but I was traveling for a day and I went to the Giant Buddha at Leshan today. All of this to come but I wanted to post some pictures first of some more of my wanderings around Beijing. I have to say that I am surprised. My original plan was to land and Beijing and then get out as quickly as possible. That it didn't work out as planned was a pleasant surprise. I felt really comfortable in Beijing and with the help of the amazing hostel I stayed out was able to navigate the city really well. So here are a few pictures of my wanderings. Oh and I just have to throw in here that I also met some delightful people at the hostel. The ones that stood out the most for me were a couple from Brussels named Alice and Antoine (the way they pronounce their names gives the spelling here no justice) who are both filmmakers and finishing up a two month journey. There was also a New Zealand man named Jake that I enjoyed the company of and conversation with during my last day in Beijing. He was a plumber by trade but did extreme sports (as many do I guess in New Zealand) and told me all about a new trend in New Zealand of single men and their mancaves! I just had to throw a shout out to these folks before I move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment